MeRITS Library is rich with all facilities and recommended volumes:
Library having Books with 5500 Titles, 22,762 Volumes and 85 Journals & Magazines.
Spacious and Highly ventilated
Reference section enriched with high standard back volumes
More than Twenty systems connected to LAN with Internet facility are provided for the Students. They can use the facility for their project work, preparation for seminars and paper presentations, online access to IEEE journals, e-books and study material. Internet facility is provided to access the previous question papers, teaching schedules, internal marks, attendance, daily circulars etc.
(National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning resources (NPTEL)) material of CSE, CE, ME, EEE, ECE, Basic science and Humanities can be accessed through 12 Core i3 computers.
All working Days: 8.00 AM to 8.00 PM The Issue Counter functions between 8.00 AM to 8.00 PM on all working days.
1. Books are issued to the students and staff on loan basis.
2.Two renewals of books will be allowed provided there are no reservations against these books. For renewals the members shall produce the books physically and also submit their ID cards.
3. The borrowers are solely responsible for any damage and loss to the books borrowed by them. They shall satisfy them selves with the condition of the books at the time of borrowing.
4. Failure to return books before the due dates mentioned on the slips, what ever may be the reason shall attract the following rates of over due charges.
First seven days Rs 1/- per day and from 8th day onwards Rs 2/- per day. Holidays are not excluded while counting the days of late return.
If the due date mentioned on the due date slip happens to be a holiday, the due date will be taken as the next immediate working day.
If a book is not returned with in 50 days from the due date, the cost of the book along with over due charges will be leived.
The candidate should keep the books clean, do not tear up or stain the leaves and do not make pencil or other marks on them.
Loss of books
Loss of books, if any shall be reported to the librarian immediately and the borrower shall be permitted to provide the replacement with good copy of similar book only on obtaining the permission from the Head of the Institution.
If the borrower fails to replace the lost book within the time fixed, twice the cost of the book and the over due charges will be levied.
Reservation of books
The members shall reserve any book which is already in issue. The reserved books after their return will be kept at the counter for two consecutive days for the benefit of those who reserved them. If they fail to collect them within two days these books shall be issued to the members in the waiting list and the members shall forfeit their seniority in reservation.
1. Members without ID cards will not be allowed in to the library.
2. All members shall sign in the register provided at the entrance accepting the rules and regulations of the library.
3. Personal books, files and other articles (except a small note book or loose sheets of paper) will not be allowed inside the library.
4. Strict silence shall always be maintained in the library.
5. Any marking or writing in the book is strictly prohibited.
6. Misbehavior in the library will lead to cancellation of membership and also attracts serious disciplinary action.
7. Notwithstanding any of these rules, the decision of the authorities of the college shall be final in all matters.
8. Before attending the final project viva-voce the candidate must return all the barrowed books to the libraryand collect the "no dues".